Friday, July 10, 2015

Harry, we're (almost) there! And I'm clumsy

7/6: 4 miles, TM. 37 min. PM
7/7: Bootcamp. 25 min. 
7/8: Strength/Weights. 20 min
7/9: Rest
7/10: Rest
7/11: Rest
7/12: Rest

Totals:

Miles: 4
Strength: 2
Run days: 1 
Rest: 4

Well. This week looks different, right? 

 Started the week off strong at least. I wanted to squeeze in a couple more miles but dinner (and the family) were all waiting for me so I stopped at 4 sweaty miles. 

After a vacation related hiatus by D,  we met at 5 for Bootcamp. I think we were both very tired still because our workout felt both very difficult but at a sub par effort level. 

Now here's where it gets stupid interesting. After finishing my workout, I was running up the stairs to jump in the shower when I somehow missed a step and my ankle twisted at a very odd, cringeworthy angle. I spent the next few minutes writhing in pain and cursing .. Everything? Nothing? I was able to hobble up the rest of the stairs on my knees and reluctantly got ready for work.

TBC...

It's now Tuesday before Ragnar, and my ankle is definitely sore. I have been mindful to not bear too much weight on my left (injured) side, and I've not run since last Minday. I'm getting more nervous that I won't be able ton finish all 3 of my legs. I am clearly not planning on breaking any speed PRs this weekend but I was certainly hoping to maintain an even pace for the team. 

But, I can only do so much given the current circumstances. I'm pissed at myself for being so clumsy, but I guess that's why they call these things accidents. I'll spend the next couple of days nursing my ankle, and I can just hope for the best. 

Wishes for a speedy recovery!

Also, Ragnar in 3 days!
Holy sh..

No comments:

Post a Comment