Monday, October 19, 2015

I can't count.

Week 3 4! 

10/12: 6 miles, TM. 55:33
10/13: Weights/core. 30 min.
10/14: 5 miles. TM. 48 min
10/15: Rest
10/16: Rest
10/17: 9 miles, TM. 1:25. Quick strength workout 10 minutes.
10/18: Rest

Total miles: 20
Total Strength: 2 days

So. I can't math. I somehow miscalculated the training calendar, and I should actually be on week five today, which means last week was actually week 4, not 3! Whoops. Oh well, moving forward.

Last week was nothing special. I slept late on Sunday night which meant I ended up skipping my Monday run. Luckily, I was able to squeeze it in during the evening. 6 kind of icky miles (with a few stops) but still. 6 miles.
I wasn't able to get outside at all this week, so I knocked out 9 treadmill miles on Saturday. This run was also laced with a few zillion stops but in my defense it was to play referee to the kids. Apparently it's pretty difficult to go an hour without arguing about something. Plus my legs just felt like lead, and I was sadly kind of bored! I need fresh, new tv!

I'm having a hard time balancing strength training and running. I feel like I'm burning out my legs so that the runs are feeling extra effortful. I'm not really sure how to do this strength training thing while training for a half.

You know those running magazines and blogs that show gazelle like runners in their stealth, lithe forms?

I'm like this guy.




All quads, man. All quads.

I was just too tired and unmotivated to run on Sunday but I did sleep in until 9:30 both Saturday and Sunday, which is juuust what my body needed.

Now, onto another week. 

Run, run, lift, lift (fork), Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment