Monday, November 23, 2015

Let's (hurry up) and do this

Week 9: 

11/16: Rest
11/17: 4 miles, easy. 38+ min
11/18: Rest. Hamstring pain
11/19: 5 miles 
11/20: Strength, 1 mile TM. 35 min
11/21: 8 miles
11/22: Rest

Not exactly the high mileage week the plan called for but whatever. I've actually only hit the prescribed weekly mileage for this half training cycle, maybe... twice?Most weeks have been hovering around 20 miles/week, which feels comfortable. 

However comfortable, the steady (low-ish miles) have translated into less than stellar paces for most of my runs. My legs were very heavy for most of my morning runs, although my long runs were... Decent. Not great, but not sucktastic. 

Let's be real, I'm kind of ready for this Sunday to just come already. I won't be breaking or making any speed records but it's ok. 

I was able to run with two of my Beast Runner ladies on Saturday, and it was wonderful. We met at the trailhead at 6:55 bright and early. It was a balmy 27 degrees and perfectly clear and crispy. Pace was the last thing on my mind. I just wanted to get some miles on my legs, and i ended having a wonderful conversation with my running buddy. It was one of those pleasant, perfect runs - ideal weather (once we warmed up a bit), lovely conversation, and a pristine crisp morning. I felt like I could have kept running for miles. For a moment, I almost wished i was doing a really long run a  how insane does that sound. It was the kind of moment that makes you cherish the ability to run. When the run was over, J was so kind to treat us to hot cups of green tea. I have the nicest friends. A perfect way to start the weekend. 

Whatever happens this weekend at the race,  I'll be ok. I will do the best I can, and that will be good enough.

So. Now it's taper time. Starting the week strong with a rest day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment