Monday, November 2, 2015

27 days left

Week 6: 

10/26: 7 miles. 2 WU. 3x1, 800m jog, 1 mi CD (Did this wrong. HMP, not 10k pace)
10/27: 30 min, strength circuit
10/28: 3 miles, indoor track. Strength. 3 miles, TM. 6 mi ttl 
10/29: Rest
10/30: Rest
10/31: 9 miles. TM. 9:20ish
11/1: Strength (8 rounds)

Something's not working. 

I'm not sure what it is but I have just a few weeks to figure it out. This cycle has been different in that I've been incorporating more weight training but I think that is also what is causing the struggles. I don't think I've quite figured out how to balance the two. Plus, I think not eating meat has come to a point where it really is affecting  me with this increase in miles (and I'm not even running that many!)  I always feel sluggish and heavy, and I know I'm not (any more) heavier than last year. I do feel like I'm more muscular and not skinny fat like I was when I first started running but shouldn't that make me feel stronger? Anyways, I discovered I should be taking a vitamin B12 supplement since I am a pseudo vegetarian. It's supposed to help red blood cell generation and it's something typically only found in animal proteins. I do still eat eggs and some dairy, but I definitely think something is lacking in my nutrition. I feel like I eat a good amount, and a varied diet but maybe with my working out and busy schedule, maybe it's just not enough. So, I'll stuff myself with the vitamins and see what works. 

So. Ok. Running. Last week was mediocre. I decided to do 7 TM miles on a Monday night, but ended up running the miles at HMP, not 10k pace, so the workout wasn't as hard as it should have been. 

Tuesday I thought it would be a brilliant idea to do the crippling leg workout from a couple of weeks ago, and again, I was sore for two days afterwards. I was off from work Wednesday for a field trip with W, but managed 3 indoor track miles (21 laps- hamster time) and some arms on the machine with a friend who met me at the Y! The time was cut short since I had to pick up the kiddos but once I got home, I forced myself to squeeze in 3 very painful sloggy TM miles to get to 6 for the day. 

In more positive news, busted out new Brooks Launch for the treadmill. They are super light and cushy, albeit a tad ugly? But this color was on sale, and the price was incredible so in this case, I was cheaper than I was vain. But juuuust barely. 





Thursday and Friday ended up being rest days (sore cowboy legs!) and then Saturday's 9 mile run was forced indoors due to the blustery winds and sideways downpour. Normally I don't mind running outside in any weather but the vain part of me did not want to get my new shoes sopping wet. Here is where vanity wins. 

Old season of at TBL in the background!



9 ugly miles on the treadmill. 1hr24 min. I stopped the treadmill a good handful of times and had to convince myself to run the extra mile to get to 9. I'm always pretty happy once I'm done but the first 30-40 minutes of any run are an eternity. 

I considered a slow shake out run on Sunday but I settled on some weights and upper body. Aside from the sore leg struggles, I have noticed that my upper body and shoulders especially are stronger when I'm running longer distances. I just need to figure out how to put it all together, this running and weights thing.

A dash of this, a pinch of that.. Boom, crash...Voila?

No comments:

Post a Comment