Monday, March 14, 2016

Week forever. Or, you know, 6.

The last two weeks have been kind of... meh. Nothing particularly spectacular or break through. The morning workouts were tough but I woke up and got it done . 

As most of my plans are grand in theory, I had ambition to wake up super early and get on the roads were 14 miles, before J had to leave for a photo shoot. However, I really needed a mental sleep in, and I also knew that the weather was supposed to be crazy (it ended up holding off until Sunday!) so I made the 5am executive decision to hold off until the later morning. 

I have run 12 miles on the treadmill once before so I figured, what's another two more. And you know what?

It's a lot. 

2 more is a lot. 

14 is. A LOT. of miles to be running in place. I'd be a huge giant liar if I told you I  enjoyed those two+ hours but I am proud of myself for gutting it out. I took breaks when I needed (watch and TM on pause, feet on the side) when I just felt mental breakdowns coming, to change the show I was watching, to stretch my weirdlythigh  calves, or to eat a gel (I had one weird blueberry chia mix that did nothing). I changed shoes after mile 7, which made mile 8 feel strange and clumpy but then did my best to pick up the pace for a few more miles. I had no speed goals for this run, mostly just to conquer the distance. When the 14 miles were done, here was the breakdown:

Shows watched: 4 
Shoe change: 1
Gel eaten: 1 
Ounces of water: 20
Moments of hating life: 1000
Miles run: 14



I was mentally and physically wiped out after this run, more so than if I had run it outdoors! I actually needed a quick nap after I had taken a bath, and then my appetite was a tad wonky afterwards, which usually does not happen if I run on the treadmill. 

I missed my wake up on Sunday am because of a fun, late night wth friends,  and then that really mean and evil concept of daylight savings time. I managed a very quick strength workout and then snuck in some yoga in the evening before bed.  Surprisingly, I wasn't sore at all after the long run, athough I think my ankles took a little beating from a couple hours on the treadmill. 

I was so close to 30 miles for the week but I just couldn't face one more treadmill mile for the weekend. 29 is not too shabby though, for me. 

Here's the riveting breakdown of my run life: 

Week 6

Monday 3/7
4 miles


Tuesday 3/8
5 miles. 3 tempo

Wednesday 3/9
1 mile WU
XT/strength


Thursday 3/10
6 miles. NS. 2,2,2

Friday 3/11
Rest

Saturday 3/12
14 miles. Treadmill whaaaat

Sunday 3/13
Strength/yoga 

Totals: 

Miles: 29
Rest: 1
Strength: 2

Tired. I'm tired. 




No comments:

Post a Comment