Sunday, September 7, 2014

End of the weekend, y'all

9/2: Labor Day! 
      Random Tone It Up workouts on YouTube. Including yoga, arms etc. total time: 40 minutes of burnnnn.
9/3: 6 miles outside with JB. Slow. 
      Easy not easy. 
      Cowboy strut from previous days        squats. Ow.

      (Posted earlier)

9/4: Rest
9/5: 6-7 miles, TM. Someone woke up late.
      4 Miles plus strength.
9/6: Rest
9/7: 8 Miles outside with D. 1:23-ish. Nice and easy
      Strength, arms.
9/8: 5 miles, TM. Strength, 20 minutes of arms and (fl)abs

Total weekly mileage: 23
Total run days: 4
Total rest days: 2
Total XT days: 1
Total strength days: 4


I am feeling pretty good these days. I am trying to get some easy miles on my legs before I start seriously training. I don't think I will be able to follow the stringent 14 week plan so.. I'm going to wing it this time around.

Hold me.

In the last few years it has become apparent that I am not as flexible and easy going as I once perceived myself. I am UPTIGHT, you guys.

I am having a hard time adapting when my day does not go as planned. I am one of those people who used to annoy me.

Linda = ANNOYING

Example: On Thursday, my alarm mysteriously failed to go off and I ended up waking up at 6:30, the time I am normally settled onto the train. I basically ran around the bathroom in tiny circles trying to decide which train to take and trying to calculate how long it would take me to get ready, blah blah. The unexpected failure of my alarm ended up causing the day to go in a downward spiral of unpredictability. I barely made it through the day. Just barely. Still annoyed by that day, honestly.

Go ahead. Roll your eyes. I'll wait...

I am finding that E is exhibiting the same type of rigidity and inflexibility when it comes to school. On Sunday we went panic last minute school supply shopping, and you should have seen her when she realized that Target was out of fine tip dry erase pens. You would have thought I told her Santa Claus is not real. The OUTRAGE.

Yes, she still believes in Santa Claus. Shut up.

I ended up semi yelling/lecturing her right there in the middle of the office supply aisle. It wasn't my best moment but nevertheless, it happened and we have since moved on. We have still not found those damn markers though. And yes, she is still asking me when Target will be getting a new shipment of supplies.

Anyways, I am going to try and embrace the "on the fly" training, and channel everything I've learned from my previous training cycles. While there is always something new even the most seasoned of runners can learn, I think it is important for me to really establish a base from which I can begin/stabilize.

In a nutshell, I've been enjoying my runs/workouts and am feeling pretty damn good. I mean, not great? But good. We'll start from there.

Oh, and still not eating meat (no beef, chicken, pork). I am incorporating some seafood into my diet but it's mostly been eggs, beans, greens and I'm feeling great. I need to find a vegan or dairy free protein powder that will work with my stomach and I should probably get on that liquid iron supplement my doctor told me about. I think it's called Floradix, if anyone (EC?) is interested.

Also, made a new granola recipe from Minimalist Baker.

Um. Remind me not to make granola at home, mmkay?
Herman is much too happy for his own good.





No comments:

Post a Comment