Tuesday, October 14, 2014

(Feels like) Week one zillion...

10/6: HIIT and arms. 30 min.
10/7: 6 miles, TM 
10/8: 5 miles, TM (am) Strength, 20 min (pm)
10/9: Rest
10/10: Rest
10/11: 9 miles, TM. 1:23
10/12: 5 miles easy, outside w D

Total weekly miles; 25
Total strength days: 2
Total rest days: 2

Technically I have only been training for 5 weeks, but man it feels like longer. I am not pushing myself as hard as this time last year, and I am learning to (finally?) respect rest and listen to my body, but... really? Only five weeks in? 

So far my longest run has been 11 miles. Not too shabby, but those 11 miles were long and slightly painful. I am gearing up for 10 miles this coming weekend, which will hopefully be outside. Most likely in the rain, dodging car rain waterfalls and deceptive puddles. 

Oh, hello Seattle suburb. Now I remember you.

This past week was an easier but fairly solid run week. I skipped a day because I love my pillow, and I didn't even feel the usual guilt. I am trying to find balance (story of my life...) between miles per week, and run days per week. Right now I feel like four is solid. If I feel like throwing in that extra day, I can use the miles for an easy run. But even with just four, I've been able to hit the miles/week as per my modified training plan. Clearly it takes me a while to figure out that it is useful (insert 100 font DUH right here) to finally nail the actual workouts (hills, tempo, repeats etc..) rather than just running to hit X amount of miles, the end.

 D U H

Anyways, that was last week. Nothing spectacular. I had a great 9 mile treadmill run on Saturday, with the last four miles at GHMP, and then an easy recovery run w a friend on Sunday.

Just chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment