Friday, September 4, 2015

Just another week

8/31: Weights/TM 20 min.
9/1:  Weights/TM 30 min.
9/2: TM/ weights 40 min..
9/3: Off/Rest. Sick at home. Boo.
9/4: Rest. Sick at home. 
9/5: Weights/ TM 30+ min.
9/6: 4 miles, TM. 37+min

**

Last week, I lamented how I start the week slow but then ramp up towards the end to get in my workouts. Well. This week started off a little differently. I started Monday early with a weights workout, and was able to get it done Tuesday and Wednesday as well. Wednesday night I started to feel a little achey and chilled after my workout, and figured I had maybe pushed myself too hard after a long and tiring day, but nope! Thursday and Friday I woke up feeling sweaty, cold, and my body was aching. I worked from home both days, with a cup of tea in hand and a heating pad on my lap. Being sick blows, and when I am taken down hard by a cold or flu, I am just reminded how important it is to take care of myself, eat well, sleep enough, and get my flu shot! Hoping the worst is past me, and that I can take the weekend to recover. Of course, on a long holiday weekend, I'm home sick, in sweatpants of course. 

Workout details: 
8/31: 5 rounds
10 DB snatches (each arm) #15
10 DB push press #15

10 burpees

9/1: #35 barbell. Because. Again... Weaaaak



So far I'm really loving these shorter, intense workouts. I think the treadmill runs up the sweat factor but even after Monday's workout I was sweating like a hog. 

9/2: 
2 miles, TM
5 rounds
10 power cleans #40 
10 push press #40
10 burpees
1 mile, TM

9/5:
Used #15 DB

Ended the week with treadmill miles. I'm itching to get some more time out on the roads. We will see how this week fares. Embracing the cooler, darker mornings already.





No comments:

Post a Comment