Monday, June 6, 2016

I'm here, I'm here...

Guess what? 

This is week 3 of marathon training! 

What happened to weeks 1 and 2, you ask? 

I dunno.

I guess I didn't feel like really writing about it, as the first few weeks are pretty uninteresting. The mileage has been low low low, but I'm not too worried about it. 

Week 1- 15 miles
Week 2 - 12 miles; including almost 8 miles on Sarurday during the Rainier to Ruston team relay. 
 
The race starts at the base of Mt. Rainier near the Carbonado river; and ends 52 miles later at the Tacoma waterfront. I ran 2 legs during the relay, 3.9 easy and pleasant miles on gloriously shaded trails (8:49 pace) and 3.6 on a exposed, sunny stretch of the Orting Trail (9:38 pace) a few hours later. Interesting just how much the shade/sun can affect pace. I mean, that's a pretty big difference! But I also wasn't trying to kill myself or push the pace in any way. I even made friends w an Ultra Runner who was running close to mile 30 while I was running my second leg. We chatted for a bit before I motored on forward. After my second run, I couldn't wait to throw off my shoes and slip into flip flops! 

Saturday was fun and relaxing, and a nice way to ease into this week. I also ran into an instagrammer I just started following and of course she's totally adorable and I behaved like a weird dweeb. It's all good though, we all know I'm not that cool anyways. 

I woke up feeling decent in Sunday so I did a treadmill/kb circuit and chose to start this week strong with a rest day.

The weather has been amazing lately, and I'm hoping to get off the treadmill a little more and run outside during the weekday. 

I figure if I post my weekly plan I'll feel pressured to follow it. So here you go 

Week 3 looks like this-
Monday: Rest 
Tuesday: 3 miles, Strength
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: 3,4 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 8 miles 
Sunday: 4 miles easy or XT

Also still working on dialing in on the nutrition and fueling, so stayed tuned. Current situation: Unknown. Also, annoyed. 

Last two weeks of training via dry erase board.




R2R 2016

All 3 relay teams


Team Friends and Neighbors


Ragnarians- just missing Amber and Loan!




No comments:

Post a Comment