Thursday, October 17, 2013

8 Miles. Divided by 2 days = 4 Miles X 2 = 8.

10/16: 4 Miles. 36.20
10/17: 4 Miles. 36:27

My math skills are astounding.

Strangely, both days ended up being speed work days. I'm pretty sure it is not advisable to do speed work two days in a row. However, they were just 4 milers so I don't think (hope) my body will uprise against me. Both runs were pretty much the same - 0% incline (Wimp! I know!), starting with 6.0 speed for the first mile, 6.2 - 6.7 the second mile. Miles 3 and 4 consisted of strides: 30 sec to 1 min of sprinting at 8, cool down jog for 1-2 min at 6.0.

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Both days I was able to watch 1 1/2 episodes of Modern Family, which did help the time go by less slowly. Notice I said "less slowly" instead of "faster". Let's face it, that early in the morning? Nothing makes anything go "faster" at bleary-eyed o'clock.

Today's effort felt more difficult than Wednesday, even though the outputs were similar. I think it is my body's way of telling me to take a day off tomorrow, even though I am very tempted to run tomorrow AM. However, I think I will save my legs (but suffer the insanity) and take a rest day. When did I become the person who had to force herself to rest?

WEIRD

Possibly alien invasion...?

Wait.. what's that twinge I feel? Ah.. I think it's my damn hamstring telling me to take it easy, big girl...

FINE. Rest it is...

Unless I do some cross training tomorrow?

Definite alien invasion going on...

***

I miss my Garmin Splits.

Treadmill Info from www.IFit.com

Wednesday -


4 mi
distance
0 ft
elevation gain
599
calories
36:20
total time
9:04
pace



Thursday -


4 mi
distance
0 ft
elevation gain
599
calories
36:26
total time
9:06
pace

No comments:

Post a Comment