Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Two-fer

9/11 - Nike Training Club; Circuit Challenge* 30 Min.
9/12: 4 Miles, Intervals/Speed work

***

Since we've been experiencing record high temps in this random September week, the heat has thrown a bit of a wrench back into my training schedule. I swear, running has made me into a vampire. Fear the sun! Sizzle!

Luckily, yesterday's choices were XT or Rest, and since Mondays end up being my rest days and it was a scorching 90 degrees, cross training it would be. For my XT, I've been doing the Jillian Michaels workouts (Shred, Yoga, etc) but just recently downloaded the Nike Training Club app. It's basically a myriad of circuit/weight training drills that are compiled into 30 or 45 minute cross fit type sessions.

The 30 minute Circuit Challenge was right up my alley. Fast paced and sweat inducing.

Just the way I like it.


***


Today's run: 4 Miles total.

Mile 1: Easy pace
Mile 2, 3: Alternate 1 minute of FAST running/2 minutes recovery.
Went as fast as sub 7 (in a blink of an eye - seriously, it's what my garmin said but maybe it was short circuiting from my sweat?), recovery was between 8:30 and 9:30.
Mile 4: Recovery, last half uphill.

Splits from today's session.
Sponsored once again by my nagging shin.

Splints, anyone?

Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary36:37.04.009:05
19:24.41.009:24
28:40.11.008:40
38:52.81.008:53
49:39.61.009:41


***

*You know what is counterproductive? Working your ass off and then drinking and eating your weight in beer and tater tots. Am just saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment