Monday, September 2, 2013

Am like a fruit fly - I just keep coming back.

Hi!

It's been a very long time since I've been here. My hiatus from blogging slowly stretched from weeks to months to... years. I'm (kind of) back now, but in a very different vain. I've decided to use this to log my chronicles of training for a my next half marathon.

Since the last time I've blogged, so much has changed! I am back at work full time, started running (I know, it's faint worthy news to those who really know me), and even ran my first half marathon in June. While it was a great experience,  I wasn't completely pleased with my results. I know, sounds a little ridiculous but you know, I'm just a little hard on myself. But considering I crashed and burned after mile 9, I still finished within a reasonable time and did not (but wanted to!) die. But I take the learnings from my previous experience and move forward to better myself.

Work with me here as I try to figure out what the hell I'm doing this time around.

Current Goal: http://www.seattlemarathon.org/
*Time goal: 2:00. 9:10 pace

Previous Half: Rock and Roll Seattle, June 22 (2:10. 9:56 pace)

*This may adjust +/- as training progresses

Race: Dec 1, 2013
Training starts: Sept 2, 2013

GO!

***

This will also serve as the perfect platform for me to self indulge and yammer on about running without boring the other people around me who really could not give a flying f*** about all of this nonsense.


No comments:

Post a Comment