Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Am I boring you yet? Don't anwer that...

9/3: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, Level 1

Today was a workout swap with Monday, so the choices were 3 miles + 4 strides, OR XT. I really, really, realllly did not want to do anything today but sit on the couch with a tub of glorious sea salt caramel gelato but alas, today this was not to be. I forced myself to put on my giant, beloved cotton granny panties and just get it done. Figuratively or literally? You will never know.

Actually...

This reminds me of a story from my college days, when my roommate once thoughtfully tried to fold my clean laundry for me while I wasn't home, only to find one of my giant old lady underwear stuck to the front of one of my sweatshirts. Apparently I didn't believe in dryer sheets back then? Or thongs?

So... anyways, I also promised my cubicle buddy, who had 5 miles slated for today after her 20 MILE RUN on Saturday, that I would suffer along with her.

What can I say, I'm a team player.

Nevertheless, despite my negative attitude and dragging feet, I finished the workout, complete with dripping sweat and lagging muscles. Lately I've been feeling a combination of mental and physical fatigue, and I'm just waiting for that moment where I snap out of it. Maybe I'll start to feel better once the weather starts turning cooler? Or maybe some new workout gear would give me a little kick? Or... or....... or... Oh I don't know.

I wish someone would create a magic elixir to wash away all anxieties and doubts while adding a healthy dose of confidence into the mix.

Oh wait, it already exists.

It's called wine.




No comments:

Post a Comment